CUSTOME OFFICES & FRONTIER PASSAGEWAYS
In Patagonia there are several entrance points from Argentina to Chile. They are:
- Monte Aymond: 196 kms from Punta Arenas, and 165 meters high. It's closer to Magallanes but it is part of Punta Arenas, administratively. Between April and October it has a defined schedule for business, between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m., but it is open all day the rest of the year.
- Río Don Guillermo: communicates Chile and Argentina through the small towns of Rio Turbio, Villa Cerro Castillo and Puerto Natales. It is open all year, but it is open all day only un summer time.
- Dorotea: Located in the Ultuma Esperanza province, it unites Puerto Natales and the Argentinean province of Rio Turbio. It is open all year, 24 hours a day.
- Casas Viejas: Located in the Ultuma Esperanza province, it unites Puerto Natales and the Argentinean province of Rio Turbio. It is open all year, 24 hours a day.
- San Sebastián: in Tierra del Fuego, unites this Chilean region to the Argentinean Ushuahia and Rio Grande (Big River). It is open to receive passangers 24 hours a day.
- Bellavista: Joins Tierra del Fuego with Rio Grande in Argentina. It is only open in summer time, between 8 in the morning and 8 at night.
In the Chile Chico and Coyhaique area, there are other three border passageways
- Paso Internacional Coyhaique Alto: 45 kms North-East of Coyhaique you can find the border passageway Coyhaique Alto, which is the most important of the region. It is used by people who make the trip from Aysen and the Argentinian territory to Northern and Southern Chile. In the Argentinean side, you can visit small towns such as Rio Mayo and Comodoro Rivadavia.
- Paso Internacional Balmaceda: It is located 55 kms Southeast of Coyhaique, near the city of Balmaceda. You can cross to Argentina to visit town like Lago Blanco, Río Mayo, Las Héras, Perito Moreno and Comodoro Rivadavia. This crossing passageway is also known as the Bi-Oceanic Corridor.
- Paso Fronterizo Chile Chico: Located 345 kms from Coyhaique, the Chile Chico border passageway is near Chile Chico itself, and it is connected to the Argentinean towns on Perito Moreno and Los Antiguos.
If you are planning to travel even further South, to Aysen, you can to go through the Paso Interregional La Junta, located 269 kms north of Coyhaique. It is a seasonal passageway, which received people who come from Los Lagos, and it is busier in summertime.